DELAC (District English Learner Advisory Council)
Each California public school district with 51 or more English learners must form a District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) unless the District designates for this purpose a subcommittee of an existing districtwide advisory committee.
The DELAC shall advise the school district governing board on at least the following tasks:
- Development of a District Master Plan for education programs and services for English learners. The District Master Plan will take into consideration the school site Master Plans.
- Conducting a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district program, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and/or teacher aide requirements.
- Review and comment on the school district reclassification procedures.
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.
- If the DELAC acts as the English Learner parent advisory committee under California Education Code Sections 52063(b)(1) and 52062 (a)(2), the DELAC shall also review and comment on the development or annual update of the Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP).
Parents or guardians of English learners shall constitute the majority membership (51% or more) of the committee. Each school's English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) shall have the opportunity to elect at least one of its members to be a site representative DELAC member.
2023- 2024 DELAC Meetings
|October 11, 2023||5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.||(virtual)|
|November 14, 2023||5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.||(virtual)|
|December 12, 2023||5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.||(in person)|
|February 7, 2024||5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.||(virtual)|
|March 6, 2024||5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.||(virtual)|
|April 17, 2024||5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.||(in person)|