Dr. Gina Zietlow, Assistant Superintendent, ext. 21102
Mr. Kester Song, Supervisor, ext. 21173
Ashleigh Cole, Division Assistant, ext. 21170
FAX (562) 404-9349
Hours of Operations
The Human Resources office is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 to 4:30 p.m. Our office is located at the ABC Unified School District Office.
Application materials for advertised vacancies may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office by mail, telephone or by on-line application.
- Human Resources - (562) 926-5566
- Classified Information - Ext. 21175
- Certificated Information - Ext. 21171
Non-Discrimination in Employment
ABC Unified prohibits district employees from discriminating against or harassing any other district employee or job applicant on the basis of the person's actual or perceived race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sex or sexual orientation.
Dr. Gina Zietlow, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources - Title IX and CC of R Title 5 Compliance Officer, ABC Unified School District, 16700 Norwalk Blvd., Cerritos, CA 90703, (562) 926-5566 ext. 21102.
The ABC Unified School District hires for many positions throughout the year and is always seeking qualified candidates to join our dynamic team! Bilingual and minority candidates are encouraged to apply for all positions. ABC Unified School District offers competitive salaries and benefits and is the largest employer in the Cerritos/Artesia/Hawaiian Gardens area. Please check the website for current vacancies.
Classified Applications Procedures
- Applications for employment are accepted when the District has posted a vacancy.
- Applications are paper screened to be sure applicants meet all eligibility requirements
- Testing may be required and may include written, performance, physical or drug/alcohol tests.
- Qualifying interviews are arranged after testing has been completed to establish an Eligibility List. This is done by a panel which consists of District administrators and technical staff.
- The top three candidates on the Eligibility List interview with the selecting supervisor for placement in the vacant positions.
- Eligibility lists remain in effect for six months or until there are less than three candidates on the list.
Salary and Work Year: Salary is based on education and/or experience. We have 10, 11, and 12-month positions with hours ranging from 3 to 8 hours per day for Paraeducators, Clerical/Technical, Maintenance, Transportation, Nutrition Services, and Management positions.
Certificated Application Procedures
- Official EDJOIN application
- Current resume
- 3 current letters of recommendation
- Official college/university transcripts
- Copy of CBEST or equivalent
- Copy of valid CA credential
- All other district employment and assignment standards
Job Opportunities are updated weekly on EDJOIN.org. If you wish to apply for a teaching position, you must apply online. Go to www.edjoin.org and follow the easy instructions. You can only apply when a position is posted online.
Call the Human Resources Office with questions or concerns, and a Human Resources staff member will be happy to walk you through the application process.