Classified Employee Summer Assistance Program Election Form & FAQ
December 19, 2022
TO: ABC Employee
FM: Mr. Kester Song, Director - Human Resources
RE: Classified School Employee Summer Assistance Program (CSESAP)
The ABC Unified School District will be participating in the Classified School Employee Summer Assistance Program (CSESAP) for classified employees in the 2023-2024 school year. The state has set aside $90,000,000 in order to provide participating classified employees with up to one dollar ($1) for every one dollar ($1) that the classified employee elects to have withheld from his or her monthly paychecks during the school year (up to 10% of pay).
Depending on the number of participating classified employees in this program, you may not receive the full dollar for dollar match. If you decide to participate, you will have the option to withdraw from the program or reduce your withholding amount after learning of the match amount. No participant in the Classified School Employee Summer Assistance Program is barred from applying for, and, if selected, working summer school during the summer in which this benefit is earned. Withdrawal from the program or changes to the withholding must be made by September 24, 2023. Matching funds will likely not be paid until after August 31, 2024, after summer recess.
In order to participate in the Summer Assistance Program you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must have worked for the ABC Unified School District at least one calendar year as of March 1, 2023, in other words, hired as a permanent employee on or before March 1, 2022
- Must work fewer than 12 months per fiscal year (Fiscal Year is July 1 to June 30)
- Must earn less than $62,400 per school year as of March 1, 2023 (excludes any summer recess pay)
The following is a timeline for the Summer Assistance Program:
- By January 1, 2023- the District will notify classified employees whether the District plans to participate in the Summer Assistance Program for the 2023 - 2024 school year.
- By March 1, 2023- Classified employees will notify the District that he/she wishes to participate in the Summer Assistance Program for the 2023 - 2024 school year and how much to withhold from his/her paycheck. If you choose to participate, please submit your completed election form to Human Resources by Wednesday, March 1, 2023 at 4:30 PM. (Please refer to the next page for options on how to submit your election form). The form is attached and also available at: https://www.cde.ca.gov/fg/aa/ca/documents/csesap20employeeform.pdf
- By April 1, 2023- the District will notify the California Department of Education that it has elected to participate in the Summer Assistance Program, report the number of classified employees that have elected to participate, and report the total estimated amount to be withheld from participating classified employee paychecks.
- By May 1, 2023- California Department of Education will notify participating districts the estimated amount of state match funds participating classified employees can expect to receive.
- By June 1, 2023- The District will notify participating classified employees the amount of estimated state match funds.
If you would like to hear more and learn about the CSESAP, please join us at our information meeting:
Tuesday, February 7, 2023
Via Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 896 5262 1111
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
How do I submit my Election Form to Participate in the Classified School Employee Summer Assistance Program (CSESAP)?
As we continue to work through our current situation with COVID-19 our District Office will be available for a limited period of time for you to return your signed letters. As a result, we are providing a few different ways for you to return your complete election form to the district.
- Fax your election form to (562) 404-9349.
- Mail your election form to:
ABC Unified School District
16700 Norwalk Blvd.
Cerritos, CA 90703
ATTN: CSESAP Election Form
- Upload your signed election form to a Google Form (save your letter as a "pdf", "jpg", or "png" format). Link to the Google Form: http://bit.ly/3HmytVY
- Drop off your election form at Human Resources Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM.