Melbourne Elementary School
MELBOURNE SCHOLARS ARE COLLEGE BOUND!
TK through 6th Grade
COLLEGE & CAREER FOCUS
Melbourne Elementary School is an AVID Elementary that focuses on closing the achievement gap for all students by providing a school environment that promotes college and career readiness.
Students receive support through the following:
- 1:1 iPads (TK & Kindergarten)
- 1:1 Chromebooks (1st – 6th)
- Agendas (3rd – 6th)
- College Fun Fridays at Recess
- College Field Trips (5th & 6th)
- University Assigned Classrooms
- Note Taking Skills (TK - 6th)
- Organization Skills (TK - 6th)
- Collaboration Skills (TK - 6th)
- Academic Intervention Tutoring Before & After School (1st – 6th)
KINDER LEARNING CENTER
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) and Kindergarten students have their own building. The Kinder Learning Center has its own playground as well as:
- Kinesiology Lab
- Literacy Lab
- Performing Arts Lab
- Visual Arts Lab
Melbourne Scholars have the opportunity to extend their learning through a variety of enrichment programs.
visual arts Lab
We believe in providing support for the whole child. We provide Multi-Tiered supports for all students to create an inclusive learning environment where students feel safe and validated.
- Schoolwide Positive Behavioral Intervention Supports (PBIS)
- Scholar AVID Expectations
- Uniform Policy
- Attendance Incentives (VIP Recess, VIP Lunch)
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Young Men’s League
- Young Women’s League
- Primary Intervention Program (PIP)
- Mindfulness Lab
parent & Community Center
The Parent & Community Center is open to all community members. It is open Monday through Friday 8am to 3:30pm.
- Internet and Computer Access
- Copy Services
- Translation and Interpretation Services
- Adult ESL Classes
- Parent Workshops
21314 Claretta Ave.
Lakewood, CA 90715
Follow us Instagram @MelbourneElementary