Work Permits


Except in limited circumstances defined in law and summarized in the child labor law booklet, all minors under 18 years of age employed in the state of California must have a permit to work.

Prior to permitting a minor to work, employers must possess valid permits. The “Request to Work” permits and “Work Permit” to employ are issued at the local high school during the school year and at the district office during the summer when schools are closed.

If you are interested or would like more information, please contact the College, Career Technical Education, and Community Partnerships (562) 926-5566 ext. 21197.