ABC Emergency Notifications
Below are some ways that you can stay connected to ABCUSD in real time, 24/7.
- Please check your email, voicemail, and text messages first.
- Please make sure your contact information in the Aeries Parent Portal is up to date.
- Check your notification settings and view all messages via the COMMUNICATION link in Aeries Portal. Emergency Broadcasts override any personal settings delivering important emergency messages to all of your communication points.
In the event of a school or district-wide emergency, please check these resources first. They are updated in real-time and will help you get the information you need immediately.
Following this protocol will also help keep phone lines open for staff and first responders:
- ABCUSD will work directly with the school site principal to assist with the incident, including the safe release of students to parents or authorized guardians through an established reunification process.
- Notifications will be sent out by the school of updates may be sent out through these channels. text messages, email, twitter. Secondarily, check www.abcusd.us and ABCUSD social media on the District’s homepage.
- Students will only be released to parents and guardians listed on the school's emergency contact card only.
- Please bring a valid picture ID, such as a driver’s license or passport.
- Most importantly please be sure your emergency contacts are up to date in the Student Information System (SIS), so that they may also be able to pick-up your child in the event of an emergency. Your emergency contacts must also have a valid photo ID.
What can you do to ensure you will be notified when there is an emergency?
- Keep your Child's Contact Records updated.
- Maintain and specify your Notification Preferences in the Aeries Portal
- Provide your cell number (If you have one) as your "Primary Contact Number).
- Sync your email address to your cell or smartphone