Secondary Summer School
SECONDARY Summer School
Priority registration runs April 4 to May 27, 2022
(A limited number of late enrollments may be available through June 13.)
Please see the flyers linked below for the full program descriptions.
Note that summer enrollment is based on student need and recommendations. Please see your site administrator or school counselor for further questions. Upon registration, confirmation of enrollment will be provided. Student class schedules will be available the week of June 13th.
IMPORTANT DEVICE INFORMATION: For incoming 7th and 9th grade students who will be changing schools, please return your borrowed devices to your student's school at the end of the school year. A new device for use in Summer 2022 will be issued the week of June 13th.
MIDDLE SCHOOL SUMMER ACADEMY
LOCATIONS: In-person students from Carmenita, Ross, and Tetzlaff will attend at Tetzlaff MS. In-person students from Haskell, Whitney, and Fedde will attend at Fedde MS. Online program students will attend all classes virtually.
DATES: Monday, June 20, 2022 to Thursday, July 14, 2022.
TIME: Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am - 11:30 am (90 min. classes with 30 min. break between)
No classes on the following dates:
- Friday, June 24th
- Friday, July 1st
- Monday, July 4th
PROGRAMS: See the table below for links to each school's summer school website and contact information for summer
- Middle School Transition Program for incoming 7th graders. (MS Prep Program)
- English Support for students entering 8th
- Math Support for students entering 8th
- Bridge to Accelerated Math 8
- Bridge to Accelerated Math 7 (incoming 7th graders)
- Language Excels for English Learners in Grades 7 and 8
REGISTRATION: Middle School Summer Registration Forms for all sites:
- Incoming Grade 7 Students Registration: English Spanish
- Incoming Grade 8 Students Registration: English Spanish
HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER ACADEMY
LOCATION: Courses will be conducted in-person or virtually, depending on site and program.
DATES: Monday, June 20, 2022 to Friday, July 22, 2022. No classes on Monday, July 4th.
TIME: Monday-Thursday, 8:30am - 1:00pm (2 hour classes with 30 min. break between)
Fridays, 8:30am - 10:45am (1 hour classes with 15 min. break between)
PROGRAMS: Please see the BLUE flyers on the right for program descriptions. See the table below for links to each school's summer school website and contact information for summer administrators.
- High School Transition Program for incoming 9th graders
- Credit Recovery for Graduation and UC A-G Eligibility make up
- Math Enrichment for Math I, Math II and Math III
- Original Credit Courses for VAPA and Health
- Bridge to Accelerated Math courses
- Language Excels for English Learners
- Dual Enrollment in partnership with Cerritos College
REGISTRATION: High School Summer registration forms are available on each of the High School Summer Websites linked in the table below.
Summer School Administrators - Middle Schools
Summer School Administrators - High Schools
|Artesia High School|
|Cerritos High School|
|Gahr High School|
|Whitney High School||
Hosted by Cerritos HS
|Tracy High School|
|Supervisor of Secondary Education||