Fedde Middle School
|Fedde Middle School
21409 S. Elaine Ave.
Fedde Academy equips students with the skills they need to thrive in the future. We achieve this by fostering a rigorous learning environment that challenges and inspires our students. With a focus on college and career readiness, we prepare them for the opportunities and demands of the real world. At the core of our mission is the commitment to providing a safe and respectful learning environment where students can flourish and reach their full potential. Recognized with the prestigious Schools to Watch designation, Fedde Academy stands as one of the foremost middle schools in the United States, acknowledged for its exemplary programs.
- Dual Enrollment (Cerritos College): Early exposure to college-level coursework familiarizes students with the academic rigor and expectations of higher education, better preparing them for future college experiences. Our students have the opportunity to take 2 college-level courses while in Middle School free of cost.
- Dual Immersion Program: Our middle school's dual immersion Spanish program creates a distinct educational journey, cultivating bilingual proficiency. By immersing students in language-rich instruction and fostering cultural understanding, it grants them a valuable lifelong advantage in language skills.
- AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination): The AVID Program equips students with essential academic skills like note-taking, organization, critical thinking, and collaboration, which are crucial for success in middle school and beyond. It introduces students to college readiness skills early, fostering a college-bound mindset by emphasizing the importance of higher education and providing support to navigate the path towards it.
- Global Scholars Honors: Prepares students for college and beyond. By exposing students to advanced material early on, honors programs lay a strong foundation for future advanced placement or honors courses in high school. The honors programs helps our students develop study habits, time management skills, and a strong work ethic, which are crucial for success in higher education.
- Project Lead the Way Electives: Offers courses in Design and Modeling, and App Creator. These courses emphasize hands-on, project-based learning, allowing students to engage actively in the subject matter. Design and Modeling, involves creating physical models using various materials, while App Creato involves designing and coding apps.
- Annual Career Day: Allows students to discover careers that they could pursue after high school.
- AYA After-School Program: Provides free tutoring, intra-mural sports, STEM projects, robotics, and other activities.
- State-of-the-Art Sports Complex: Hosts middle school sports competitions and is used by P.E. classes during the day.
- Fedde Community Resource Center: Offers counseling services, medical services, parent education workshops, and more.
- Band Program: The band received a superior rating at the 2023 Bellflower High School's Band Festival
- Rising Stars Mentoring Program: The Rising Stars Mentoring Program offers guidance and support to students from underrepresented backgrounds. Students selected for this program are paired with a mentor on campus who serves as a trusted and encouraging guide, helping them navigate through middle school.
- History Day Elective: Fedde Academy's participation in History Day has enriched students' lives and instilled a sense of pride and belief in the power of commitment, effort, and teamwork. History Day at Fedde Academy has thrived since its inception in 1996, consistently producing award-winning projects that spotlight overlooked historical events and figures, enhancing our school's reputation and fostering pride and unity within our community. This engaging program empowers students to choose historical topics related to the annual theme and conduct rigorous research, resulting in projects presented in various formats. In the past three years, we've seen thirteen teams achieve the title of LA County Champions, and six teams advanced to become state finalists. https://sites.google.com/view/fedde-history-day/making-history
- Science Olympiads: The Science Olympiad Program has been a life-changing opportunity for our students, allowing them to push themselves far beyond what they thought possible. In the last two years, Fedde students have placed as high as 2nd place in several events, including “Bottle Rocket”, “Storm the Castle”, “Rubber Band Powered Car”, and “Sounds of Music”. Participation in this program is a life-changing opportunity. Students have learned to love applying their science knowledge and developing their attitudes about taking on new challenges.
- STEM Olympics: Our STEM Olympics Team won gold medals in four to five events at the 2023 STEM Olympics. These successes are a testament to the hard work and dedication of Fedde Academy's students and teachers.
Fedde Academy students have several opportunities to participate in extracurricular clubs, organizations, and school activities. All of these clubs are open to any student and provide students with the ability to become more involved on campus, connect with an adult outside the classroom, and explore an interest they may have. There is sure to be a club for all students, if it does not exist, students have the opportunity to create a new club.
The clubs include: